Friday, June 27, 2008

Teton Village & Mountain Biking









The day started with us taking the gondola to the top of Teton Village ski area. We took pictures, threw snow balls at each other, it was great. Then Andrew and I decided that we wanted to go mountain biking. The second we walk into the rental place, the guy said, "Well, you are aware that a biker was just charged by a grizzly?" "YOU'RE KIDDING?!" "Why would I kid?" "It's an expression! GEESH!" "Just say 'hey bear' and talk a lot. You'll be fine." "Where was the bear last seen?" "Bears move." "Yes, fully aware, thank you. Just tell me!"

We went for it any way and mostly tried to stay out of the trees. We chatted nervously as I lead Andrew onto a black diamond run accidentally and spent a few sickeningly nervous minutes in the trees. "HEEEEEY BEEEEEAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!" Right away I feLl and scraped my leg. I only cussed once, though Andrew says differently.

We lived to tell the tale. Fear did not stop us! That or stupidity kept us going.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you really afraid of the bears there?

Doesn't Chicago have a very bad bunch of bears walking the streets? I think their record was 7 and 9 last year. ;-)

I think there are more wild animals in Chicago with all the bears, cougars and coyotes.

Trust me, I am not lion. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention the coyotes in Chicago hang out at the Quiznos sandwich shop. Remember that story back in April?

P2