Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I'm 30!

My late 20's were so fabulous that I couldn't wait to jump into my 30's. I've always heard that your 30's are the best years because you know who you are, insecurity is at a minimum and you know what's important in life. Now I'm not so sure that I have all of those down but I can see what they're saying. I'm looking forward to the adventure that lies ahead.

My 30th birthday weekend was nothing short of perfect. Friday night I had a small army of friends over for some yummy appetizers. My roommates and I were sad to see that most of the food was gone. We made so much food that I thought we'd be living off of these appetizers for a good week. No matter, I'm glad they enjoyed it. My personal offering for the night was homemade Sangria. Me! Katy! Former Cheerleading Captain for Trinity CHRISTIAN Academy. Making mixed drinks! Whoever would have dreamed it? It's now my specialty. I even have the recipe memorized. Thank you Rachael Ray. Post appetizers, we headed back to Pontiac Cafe where I opened up the night with a beautiful vocal rendition of Cheap Tricks', I Want You to Want Me. The allure of my voice wooed the audience...actually, you couldn't really hear my voice. I'm not sure but someone may have turned the microphone down after the start of the song. My keen intuition tells me that it's because they didn't want to be outdone by ME! It was fun to seeing everyone else get to sing their song choices. My favorite part of the night was watching other people have fun. I love being able to open my home and serve others. I need to do more of that in my 30's.

My incredibly generous dad, who loves me so much, flew in my family (senza mom and sister/new family) and Wendy to help celebrate my birthday. The weekend was so unusually gorgeous for this time of year that we walked and walked and walked and then ate and walked and ate some more. I even took off my fleece one time. It was nice to let the skin breathe. I introduced my family to Spanish Tapas. I'm pretty proud of my dad. In one month he has tried both Sushi and Tapas. We'll be a cultured family yet!

I need to go on a two week fast to purify myself from the amount of cake, ice cream and creme based foods I've consumed this weekend. I should run too....lots and lots of running.

Thank you everyone who helped to celebrate my birthday and make it such an amazing weekend! I'll be sure to post pictures soon. I have yet to email about Becky's wedding. I need to get on that one too.

1 comment:

CrazyJohn said...

I was serious about running with you. I'll do it. And it'll make you feel a whole bunch better about yourself... because I'll be busy huffing and puffing in your dust. And coughing up blood. Oh God, I can't run.