Friday, March 17, 2006

Wicked

This has definitely been a week of theatre. Wednesday night my roommates and I had the opportunity to go see Wicked! I've been dying to see this musical since it first came out. I was a little sad that I missed seeing Anna Gasteyer perform as Elphaba but the new lead was absolutely amazing. We had seventh row seats and I was mesmerized by the costumes, sets, the humor and their amazing voices. I laughed hard and even cried at one point. You know when you watch something and it makes you so incredibly jealous that they are on stage getting to perform? That's exactly how I felt. I felt slightly jealous but more than that, I want to perform now more than ever!

The musical version of the story is not quite as dark or political as the book. I love the details in the book but I like the happy ending of the musical. If you ever have the opportunity to see these show, don't pass it up!

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

I love Wicked!! It's so great...and I love the appropriate green jacket!!