Thursday, March 16, 2006

STEVE!



What a night I just had and it's only 7:50 p.m.! The roommates and I just met Steve (David Eigenberg) from Sex and the City. You know, Steve! John and Fernando, I can't hold it against you that you have no idea who he is. It's probably a good thing.

Anyway, Jessie, Janell, Lindsay and I went to see a rehearsal for Cradle of Man opening at Victory Gardens Theatre. We sit down waiting for it to begin. Next thing I know, "Steve" comes over to our aisle and asks to sit next to Jessie (two people away from me). Be still our beating hearts. He was really kind and funny...a little too funny. Quit with the one liners already! That's MY job! I'M FUNNY! I'M THE COMEDIENNE! They did five scenes from the show in a barely there set. They even called for lines.

Afterwards we asked to take a picture (like the little teenage girls we secretly are). He was really easy to talk to and not intimidating in the least. I even invited him to my Second City show. He can't come because he spends Monday nights with his father who has altzheimers. Sorry excuse! Whatever Steve! It's OVER between you and I! But then again, I forgive you because you told us to come see the show and you'd by us drinks afterwards. I'm sure his wife won't mind.

Isn't that exciting? I've never met anyone famous other than Martina Navratolova whose autograph I left on the floor...dad's still bitter. And now I've met two famous people in less than a month! That has to be a sign, right?!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the show sex in the city...
jr

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. So jealous. And a friend of mine is the stage manager at VG theatre, so let me know if you ever need an "in"! So jealous. I just love Steve.