Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness

I have not watched a lick of NCAA basketball this year (or any other type of basketball for that matter). I enjoyed watching it when I was actually in the arena and could call the Hogs. Since then I haven't really cared much...until NOW! I am participating in the office NCAA Men's tournament challenge on ESPN and at the office. John, can you believe I'm writing about sports? I know you're so proud!

I might as well have been trying to read braille as I looked at the brackets. I decided I would ignore the statistics and go with a logical approach...choose teams in states where I knew people. Much to my surprise I saw that Arkansas is actually in the tournament this year. It's hard to believe that it's been 12 years since they won the National Championship. Yet we're still holding onto it. I feel like a traitor. I only chose Arkansas going to the second round but not beyond. I think I chose Memphis as the winner of that game. In the end I have Texas beating out Illinois by 3 points. I mean, I LIVE in Illinois but my heart is in Texas. Plus I know more people in Texas. Technically Texas and Arkansas are rivals but you can't be too choosey in this case. All the girls at the office chose Duke to win. I mean, that's so obvious. Too obvious; therefore it won't happen.

This is the most you'll EVER hear me talk about basketball.

5 comments:

CrazyJohn said...

Katy?
Basketball?
I was so proud that I just openly wept...
Now I long for the cake you owe me (Not until Lent is over! I gave up sweets for Lent! But, post-Easter, you owe me a cake big-time... and I'm collecting, girl)

CrazyJohn said...

Ooo! PS! How far did you have Michigan State going? WHAT?! You forgot I was from Michigan?!?!?! I can't believe you sometimes.

Anonymous said...

good man, John. Go Spartans!

Anonymous said...

right now i am winning our bracket...

beckles why aren't you in it?...

jr

Kellsey said...

Go, DUKE!!!

I love Texas, but I haven't lived in austin long enough to really identify with UT. I lived in NC for 11 years, and besides, my in-laws are Duke grads.

Yea, Blue Devils!