Thursday, April 06, 2006

Another Slip

The windows in our apartment are VERY drafty. We've had issues with the windows from the beginning. Had you visited our apartment this winter you would have noticed the dazzling plastic covering the windows to block the draft. It really was beautiful the way the Christmas Tree lights reflected off of the rippling plastic. The maintenance man also sealed up the in the rotting wood by using a clear sealer. The smell alone made me high for a week.

Seeing as the plastic has finally been taken off of the windows and the sealer prevents us from opening the windows to let in the spring air, I decided to take it upon myself to remove the sealer. It's gummy in texture and easily pulls away from the window. There was so much sealer it was astonishing and caused me to say:

"Look how much cock we needed this winter!"

I meant to say "caulk." Dangit! Too much time with you Second City people. You're ruining my innocence!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love it, i love it, i LOVE it!! Please dedicate a section to "Freudian slips."

CrazyJohn said...

Perhaps I should have visited more over the winter. I'm just saying.