Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Excuse Me Sir

Today I stayed home sick. I sound like I'm in a tunnel and that something is perpetually holding my nose. I think I must have swallowed glass last night in my sleep. That's how bad the throat felt this morning. Aww, poor Katy. Now that I have your sympathy, I am going to ask for it again.

I scheduled an appointment on Monday to have my eyebrows waxed at Nordstrom. It's right down the street from work and Belinda does a fabulous job. I couldn't cancel today because it was too close to my appointment time and would have had to pay if I skipped. Eh, who am I kidding? I needed my eyebrows waxed BAD! So I had my hair in a ponytail (did I brush it? nope). I wore my favorite sweats from Target and my favorite black fleece that also seconds as a blanky for me on occassion. As I drive into the Nordstrom parking garage there are two valets who will park your car. I pull up and as I'm beginning to roll down my window I hear the dreaded, oh so humiliating, "Yes Sir, how can I help you?" Ummmm, SIR?!!!!! As I finished rolling down the window I hear him say, "Oh, I'm so sorry. So sorry about that." All that came out of my mouth was, "Yeah.....welllllllllll.....whatever." Not only am I feeling sick and unattractive, but my eyebrows are in serious need of a wax. I DID NOT NEED THIS! Granted I do drive a car that is more masculine but PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!! All I wanted to do was get out of the car and point at my backside and say, "Do 'sirs' have a backside like this? I don't think so! And if they did, I would call them ma'am!" Instead I just acted like it happens all the time, no big deal, and kept on doing my thing. Heaven forbid that I make him feel uncomfortable.

In all honesty, it had to have been the flourescent lights blinding him from seeing through the tinted windows. Sure. I think I'm going to go shower now and make myself look more feminine.

No comments: