Monday, April 10, 2006

Glutton . . . FOR PUNISHMENT!

Why is the roof of my mouth and my tongue burned and raw this morning? Sam and I were inspired by the hundreds of frozen pizzas being given away after the Cubs game. Should I have eaten a pizza at 10:30 p.m.? No. Would waiting longer than 5 seconds after removing the pizza from the oven before consuming it been a good idea? Yes. Was my judgment clouded by melted cheese and a crispy crust? Always. Did my raw mouth stop me from eating crunchy cereal for breakfast? Never. Were baked lays at lunch a bad idea? Sure. Should I have visited the burn unit at the hospital last night? Possibly. So many questions and even more flaws. As my embroidered pillow that quotes Charlie Brown says, "I lay awake one night and say aloud, 'What could have gone wrong?' a voice answers back, 'This could take more than one night.'"

Most people give up an item of decadent food for lent to show their love for God. I on the other hand must have given up healthy food for lent. Beginning Sunday it's back to dry chicken, undressed salad and water for me. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then we shall have Ben and Jerry's! And we shall let it flow freely!!