Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bring Back the 90's!


Chris and Marissa had their engagement party in Dallas this weekend when I was home. It was a 90's themed party. It was brilliant. I debated between wearing Jessie Spano spandex from her overdose episode or my cheerleading outfit from high school. In the end I selected perhaps the best outfit of the night. Elaine! Elaine from Seinfeld! I found everything I needed in my mothers closet. She promptly told me that she is burning everything I picked. I wore a black skirt that did nothing but make me look frumpy. The silk multi-patterned shirt with the trademark gold necklace just sitting under the color began to pull the outfit together. The black blazer did even more to channel Elaine. But the two things that sealed the deal were the white ankel socks with black shoes and the sky high hair. I used so much hairspray that my hair was crunchy. Unfortunately it began to fall through out the night. But I loved it. I whipped out a few of her dance moves and the party started.

Mrs. Walsh from 90210 visited as well as Kelly Taylor and Brandon Walsh. Grunge band fans and a few others came too. What a great party!

2 comments:

Kellsey said...

Wow...I am very impressed with this photo. Good job with the Elaine outfit!

I can't imagine who I would attempt to emulate were I to go to a 90's party...Elaine was truly an inspiration! mad props to you, katy-o

Anonymous said...

i still wish you had put Mrs. Walsh in this one. her warm-up jacket rocked.