Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dear Diary...

I started a new journal last night. I finished the final pages last week of a journal made by the hands of Nepalese women who were rescued from human trafficking. Where does one go from there? It took me a while to pick out a new journal. I don't want to spend too much because no one will ever read it other than me (until they make a movie out of my life). But I also want it to speak to me. This one has drawings of happy frogs on it. I'm not really sure what that says to me or about me.

I love starting a new journal. It's almost like you get to start over in life. Empty pages await a story written by me about my life. Some entries are about the day to day happenings of my life. "Today I had rehearsal and tore my hamstring...." Others are about my hopes, prayers, and desires. Then there are those entries where I am really honest with myself. "I am so mad, frustrated, hurt, and disappointed..." or "I'm eating like I'm a high school football player in the middle of two-a-days; except I work in a cube and am therefore going to bust out of my pants if I don't get a grip."

It reminds me that I need to look at my goals that I set back around New Years. How am I doing with those? Some good, some not so good. I need to have goals, vision, and dreams or I will shrivel up and end up on the couch watching terrible reruns of reality television shows.

Last night I wrote out some ways I want to live my life:

Dream Big
Take Risks
Love Openly & Passionately
Embrace Opportunity
Speak Truthfully
Pursue Adventure
Leap Outside of My Comfort Zone
Leave Room for Spontenaeity
Surprise Myself
Stop Being Afraid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a little time this morning to go back through some of your entries I've missed since the iBook mishap...and I love this entry. Reading your list makes me realize how little I have challenged myself. I need your list! Let's hold each other accountable to these kinds of things - because this life is quickly zooming by.

I love you, Buns.