Monday, July 02, 2007

Quick Fly-Fishing Update

This is just a quick update from Missoula, Montana. We're leaving in a few minutes to head to our favorite ice cream place, the Double Dipper. We've become regulars.

Fishing has been amazing. Four people fished for their first times this week. They're addicted and can't wait to come back next year. Today I must have caught around 20 fish and spent the rest of the time laughing to the point of tears with my mom. Did I mention I caught 20 fish?!!! And I also caught a rock, a few tree branches, my mom, myself and my own rod. Quite a day.

I can't wait to drive up to Glacier National Park tomorrow. It's supposed to be breath-taking. I will be sure to post plenty of pictures when I return.

And I want to give a shout out to my mom who used the bathroom in the woods for the first time in her life! She can finally check that one off her list of 150 things she wants to do in her life.

3 comments:

life with the wisners said...

hey, my best friend kelly (you remember her when she visited me at kamp?) lives right at glacier national. you should look her up.

Anonymous said...

YAY for Carol! Hopefully it wasn't on her list to also get bit on the butt by chiggers...that's usually my outdoor potty experience.

Kellsey said...

Yea for Carol!!!!

Now, the next goal on her list needs to be to use the outdoor latrines (a.k.a. box with four or five holes along the top in a row) at K-Wet. Ah, the beauty of the woods, the shared communal experience of sitting next to one another atop said box with holes, the elegance of lifting up the rusting coffee can which "protects" the toilet paper, and the wonderful smell(s) which accompany sitting atop a box with holes which is itself sitting atop a ditch full of...need we say more? It only gets better if you get to be the last K-Wet trip at the end of third term when your ditch is the last of many.

....I miss Kamp.