Monday, July 09, 2007

Montana In Review

I was brought to tears with thankfulness Saturday night as I shared with my roommates how much I loved my family trip to Montana. I love the outdoors. I feel like God reveals Himself to me through His creation and reminds me that if He can create this beautiful world in six days, then He can definitely take care of me. I spent eight days in the sun, breathing fresh air and having it taken away by such awe-inspiring sites.
I also laughed more than I have in a long long time. My family brings it out of me. I love how we're always the first to laugh at ourselves and are excited when people join in on the fun. We laughed. We cried. It was better than CATS.

Here are some of the highlights:

1) Fishing one whole day with my little brother. Quote of the day happened as I told Andrew to put on sunscreen so he wouldn't get burned. He responded with "No Katy. I burn the sun." Dork.

2) Karl's puppy lab, Pesca. She slept most of the day right under my feet. I love dogs.

3) There was sunshine from 4:00 am to 11:00 pm. HEAVEN!

4) Laughing until I cried with my mom as we fished on the third day. Once we get started it's hard to stop.

5) Losing a 23" brown trout (so Karl says) and yelling "You BASTARD!" to the fish.

6) My first drive up the Road to the Sun. I can't even begin to describe the beauty.

7) Hiking through snow and then sliding down it in a hurry to get to the bathroom. Aunt Kathy and I held hands as we threw ourselves down the mountain.

8) Lots and lots of hugging and snuggling. I needed it.

9) Eating dinner at 10:00 pm every night. It was still light out!

10) Seeing my little brother's butt shake in front of me as we tried to ride the tandem bike.

11) A 2.5 hour hike with Patrick and talking the whole time about life. What a blessing.

12) Seeing what an amazing mom my sister is to Connor.

13) Watching Patrick and Alicia and seeing how much they love each other and are infatuated with Liam.

14) Seeing Auntie push herself to try things she never would have thought to try.

15) Seeing my dad's feet! You don't understand. This man wears socks to the beach. It was almost blinding.

16) Realizing two days before we left that the couch was actually a pull out couch.

17) Porch talk.

18) Connor wanting to hold Liam's hand in the car. Tissue please.

19) Ice cream and lots of it.

20) Watching the sunrise at 4:00 am as Auntie, Carol and I drove three hours from Glacier to Missoula to catch a plane.

I'm sure I'm missing some. There are too many to remember. I am one blessed girl!

UPDATE: Here are my little brother's thoughts on the trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to post the pic of Conner holding Liam's hand! It made me catch my breath :)

I read this post and I marvel at the lucky and yet unnamed boy who will have the divine opportunity to team up with the Orenders and, or course, with you. He's out there somewhere (cue Fival's solo) with no idea about the family he will soon know, love, and eat ice cream with. Hopefully Russ will have a man crush on him so that we can one day take outdoor vacations together!