Friday, July 13, 2007

Singles

Thank you to my friend Kellsey's father-in-law I've decided I should move to Austin. Chicago has too many hot single chicks. How am I supposed to stand out?

On another note, do any of you remember the movie Singles? I LOVED that movie! It's the end of the grunge era and highlights such awesomeness as Pearl Jam, Matt Dillon, plaid flannel shirts and the pre-curser to internet dating. "Hello, I'm Debbieeeee!" And I forever will lean over and unlock my dates car door.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my god, Singles is one of the best movies ever made. And an amazing soundtrack. I could watch it all day.

"If I was playing games, I would've waited a week to call you."

Anonymous said...

And hopefully you'll also say "Bless You" when someone sneezes.

That whole soundtrack is my junior year in highschool. "Nah, nah nah nah, naaah na na NA-NA! I got a dyslexic heart!" Just that opening line makes me think of the movie. And I can remember laying on my floor and staring at the ceiling with the Smashing Pumpkins' "Drown" playing over and over again. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Oh Kates, Texas will always want you back. Whatever it takes to get you to return to God's country...Lady Bird J. is waving goodbye to you and saying, "come on home, sugar."

Plus, I'd love to have a place to stay in Austin and I don't think Josh's house will cut it.

Jeff and Alyse Paull said...

yes! austin does have great single men...come get one :) or just come to play in a new city !!!

Jess Lindsay said...

This Freaking Makes So Much Sense. Competing against 40,000 other single women is tough!