Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Help America's Economy!

This morning I read this article about the top 10 stupidest gifts out there today. Stupid.com spent endless hours finding these priceless gifts. Personally, I'd love to see one or more of these in my Christmas stocking.


I have a few gift ideas for those of you who are having trouble making a Christmas list or for those of you who just don't know what to buy that lovely lady of yours.
  1. Flat Wallet: These are all the rage these days.

  2. Booties: No, these aren't for your baby's feet. These are for your Baby's feet! I love these grey suede Franco Sarto boots. Zappos ships for free!

  3. Grey Shift Dress: Here's a cute one from Target. Throw on some plum or black opaque tights and you've got a cute outfit! Or here's another but more expensive option.

  4. Dresses: They really are in this winter! I absolute LOVE this dress. I hate the price. Other dresses I have a love/hate relationship with can be found here or here . I'm beginning to think this should be called Katy's Favorite Things. But unlike Oprah, I don't own them.

  5. Nail Polish: I am wearing this color right this second! You can't go wrong with Wicked! And it's a fun stocking stuffer!
  6. Metal credit card/ID/gift card holder: I've had mine for almost six years and it's still holding up (thought barely)! It's perfect for sliding in your pocket when you don't want to carry a whole purse. And these are for the art lover in all of us.
  7. Make your own calendar: Patrick made me one last year and I love looking at it! He used tons of pictures from our family over the past couple of years. You can make your own easily if you have a Mac (don't we all wish we did!) or you can go to Shutterfly or Kodak to order your own.
  8. Life Magazine: Two years ago I bought my dad a Life Magazine from the month and year of his birth. It was so fun reading what was going on during that time period. Patrick once bought my mom a National Geographic from the birth month and year of all her kids.
  9. Personalized Playing Cards: Check out PhotoWorks to make your own playing cards.
  10. For the movie lover: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.
  11. For the kids: BabyWit.com has great stuff for babies and younger kiddos. And BabyLegs is also great for the cold weather kids.
  12. TV fanatic: Don't have HBO and wonder what all the hype's about? Sopranos, Sex and the City, Entourage, etc. are available on DVD. Buy them for a family member, a friend or buy one and donate it to Heroes for Heroes.
  13. Philanthropist: Make a donation in honor of a loved one. Heroes for Heroes, World Vision, Habitat for Humanity...find a worthy cause!
  14. Scared of the Dark (aka me): These aren't just your average nightlights! I have two very similar ones.
  15. Wine Lover: Wine opener gift set.

These are some of my favorites. Please share some of yours! I need ideas and I'm sure other people would love to hear them. Don't be shy! Leave a comment with some of your favorite gift ideas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I love the Poo-lar bear candy dispenser. I actually bought the Screaming Monkey for a friend. No Joke.

Katy said...

seriously? no one has any ideas? Sad :-(