Friday, November 09, 2007

Orender Family Turkey Trot

My trainer was telling me about the new Steve Carell movie, Dan in Real Life. She said that it was funny but a lot of it was totally unbelievable. She said that Dan's family gets together and plays games and has competitions with each other, "I mean, no family does that!" I just looked at her and she said, "I knew it. I knew your family would. Of course you do." I can't help it that we enjoy playing games, singing karaoke and competing in the Lindsay Family Beach Olympics. I like that about us.

This Thanksgiving we're taking on a new family adventure. For the first time in YEARS, and practically my whole life, we are not going to do the Dallas Turkey Trot. Instead, we're heading to our lakehouse in Possum Kingdom to enjoy the First Annual Orender Family Turkey Trot! We even have t-shirts! Check these out:












We only had a couple of hours to design them otherwise I'm sure we'd design a logo. Want your own Orender Family Turkey Trot t-shirt? Sorry, it's a limited print. Someday these things will sell like hot cakes on ebay.

I'm thinking that I could win this race. Finally! I WIN!!!!! I need to come up with a prize for myself. Perhaps a new pair of shoes? Yes, definitely a new pair of shoes. Speaking of shoes, I just bought a fabulous pair of flat knee high boots. I kind of look like a pirate. But I like pirates.

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

1st...my money is on Archer for the race...he's light and those jogging strollers are quick.

2nd...if you charged double for those shirts on the black market you could quit your job...The Mitchell's want dibs when the bidding starts.

saradgoldberg said...

No way!! My family decided to do the same this year. Okay, so it's my little brain-child and it's probably just going to be my sister and I. And we don't have t-shirts or anything nearly as formal. But---we're calling it the Donhowe Girls' Turkey Trot and I think it's going to become a family tradition! Maybe next year we'll invite others to join in. My small Iowa town could use a Thanksgiving race. Especially if it snows like it often does!!

Report back. And by the way--you stole MY idea :).