Monday, November 19, 2007

Moisture is the Essence of Beauty - MerMAN!

By george I better have the bestest and youngest looking skin at the age of 73! A recent post unveiled the fact that I am currently suffering from dry, flakey skin on my face...hence the missing top layer of skin in certain sections surrounding my eyebrows. This just isn't working for me. My dermatologist, hot doctor, told me that my topical medicine that helps keep my face clean and clear is also supposed to be the best medicine out there for age prevention. Oh really doctor? Because suddently two short months after the dewey summer days, my face is cracked and looks 50 years older. Moisture is the key to healthy, beautiful, glowing skin! At least that's what my Aunt's recent issue of Reader's Digest told me.

So I went Nordstrom yesterday. Yes, I even go there on my days off. It really is a wonderland. I stopped in the makeup section to explore the shelves of moisturizers that promise to do everything just short of bringing world peace. My eyebrow girl told me that I should try this intense facial moisturizer by MD Skincare. I'll be bold and honest by telling you that a 1.7 ounce jar of this stuff costs $120. Do you need me to pick you up off the floor? I know, but I'm DESPERATE! And of course I couldn't just stop with the moisturizer, I also needed to purchase the exfoliator. As the salesperson helping me said, "Dead skin will just block the moisturizer from getting to where it needs to go." Wow, I do need an exfoliant. Show me more teacher!

One thing I can't stand when I go to the makeup section or skin care section of any store is that they automatically look at you and say, "Wow! Your skin is so dry! You really should take better care of it by moisturizing!" Well duh! That's why I'm here, in the moisturizer section! I'm doing everything short of selling a kidney to make sure my face doesn't crumble into pieces. And they always have just the product. "This ____ eye cream will help tighten the under eye area and remove any puffiness." "But you also need this ____ eye cream to protect it from free radicals." What exactly are free radicals? It sounds like some dangerous political sect.

Here are my moisturizing purchases to make sure I have the softest, youngest and most dewey face, lips and hands:

Isn't it just the way of the universe that everything tends to run out at the same time? And I want to just go ahead and say that I am totally pleased so far with the facial moisturizer. Moisture is indeed locked in on my face and I've got that dewey look (not to be confused with sweaty/greasy).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy, you have got to be sh!tt!ng me. You are a marketer's dream. "one of these pens is sold somewhere every 7 seconds", huh? I think I hear that salesperson cracking up.

Big sigh. I'm just jealous.

In the words of "Coming to America": "That ain't nothin' but jerry curl."

"MerMAN, Pop! Mer. Man."

Anonymous said...

Puleeese! Go read this - so true and made me think of you...especially the part about where her "financial advisor father" gets worked up over her makeup spending issues. :)

http://queserasera.org/archives/001132.html