Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bar Fight

I almost got in a bar fight Saturday night. I'm not even kidding. Kelly and I met Alyson at Mad River for her sister's going away party. The place was so crowded. We weren't even there 20 minutes when I had had enough of being bumped into and pushed so people could move past you. I'm sure having a "honky tonk badonkadonk" didn't help. Then feelings of claustrophobia began settling in. I needed to leave the place ASAP.

I squeezed my way through the crowd and almost reached the door when three little 22 year-old girls wearing bleached hair and their skinny jeans shove right into me so they can get through the crowd. Oh no you didn't! I raise my arms and gave them my best jazz hands with a "WHAT WAS THAT?" face. The last girl stopped in her tracks and looks at me with a "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" face. THAT'S IT! It was all I could do to not start something right there. All I said yelling over the crowd was, "Oh you'll see when you've been here longer than five seconds AND ARE ABOUT 10 YEARS OLDER!" Oh snap. I showed her! I didn't come off sounding old at all.

Goodbye Mad River. I will never step foot in your doors again. I'm "of age" to drink and therefore too old to enter your establishment.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Amen to that. I've been to that place once and I had the same kind of experience.

Anonymous said...

i love it that you showed them jazz hands. hehee.

Anonymous said...

Hooray - I made the blog! Is it bad that I'm more excited about the shout out than feeling bad about your experience?! :)

Glad you came anyway even if you almost got in a fight...but, seriously disappointed that I missed the 'jazz hands'!

Beck said...

Oh, I have so been there. And just reading this made my heart pound. It's a good thing I wasn't with you, Kates. We all know I have a penchant for reverting back to 17 year-old Becky when someone threatens my bff.

That has been my experience at so many places in Dallas: Republic, Suede, (insert any bar that will be hot for all of 3 months)...which is why I now prefer to spend my weekends on the couch, nurturing my badonkadonk.

Katy said...

Let it be known that I do not in any way condone physical violence...only mental. I kid.

Becky, I remember your bar fight story. It's an inspiration!

And all good fights should really include the jazz hands.

Kellsey said...

Katy,

I personally think it is a good thing you didn't actually get in the fight because you would have kicked some serious teenage booty...you would have felt great guilt the rest of your life for completely mopping the floor with her bleached blond hair, and then you would have had to spend thousands of dollars in therapy to get over it.

you just saved yourself some serious money!