Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Where Are They Now?

It's time for a fun game of What Ever Happened to Michael Schoeffling? You may remember him as the hot sensitive jock from Sixteen Candles or the tall, dark and handsome type from Mermaids - yes the one with Cher. Are you secretly singing Cher's "It's in His Kiss" song in your head? I know. Me too.

What's become of Jake Ryan? He was every girls' dream. Of all the weddings I've been in, no one has surprised me by picking me up in a Porsche and then baking me a birthday cake. I'm still waiting. IMDB says that he hasn't made a movie since Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. You know, the one about a diving horse and the cute/awkward girl rider who becomes blind but gets to marry the hot guy? Oh the summer of 1991 had me day-dreaming that I was a diving girl who goes blind and marries the hot guy. 1991! That's the last time we saw Michael Schoeffling. Where is he now?

Wikipedia (such a reliable source!) states "He now lives with his wife Valerie Robinson, also a former model, and their two teenaged children in Greentown, Pennsylvania, producing handcrafted furniture as the owner of a woodworking shop." Dang! He also makes furniture! I love furniture! He also was an "accomplished" collegiate wrestler. Dang! I love wrestlers!

So there you have it. The dreamy jock is now a family man who crafts furniture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His name was Al in Wild hearts cant be broken. LOVED HIM! thank you for bringing his sweet image back to my mind :)