Monday, January 28, 2008

Why Am I Not Married?

This morning started out rough for me. At 6:00 a.m. I was at the gym working out with Shelby. I was crossing the room doing three-pulse lunges, that only Satan could have thought up, when Shelby says, "You have little something on your chin." I thought to myself that it was probably just a bit of grime I picked up from the gym floor while doing push-ups. I casually wiped my chin on my shirt. Then she says, "Well, now it's moved to the side of your face." Wow this is a stubborn little piece of dirt. I turn my head to take a peek in the mirrored wall and notice a huge lugie like thing spread across my jaw line. GASP! I immediately threw down my 15 pound dumbells to wipe my face with my shirt. Shelby says, "I didn't know if I should tell you now because you were holding weights." YES SHELBY! THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS YES!

Mortified.

I really don't know how it got there. I'm thinking it had to have been during my painful struggle doing lower back exercises. Cringing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet, dear daughter. Do you really have to tell EVERYTHING that happens in your life????? :-)
I've had worse happen, believe me, but I'm not about to tell the world.
You're a hoot!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Brave, Katy, very Brave! I certainly couldn't write about things like you.

Some definitions of Brave:
1. possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.

2. to defy; challenge; dare.

I also 2nd the "hoot". :-)

Katy said...

I know mom. While writing it I kept thinking, "Mom is going to die that I wrote this!" But hey, if it makes you laugh...and realize that things like this happen to everyone...then it's worth it!

I'll have you know that I worked out yesterday and nothing was found on my face :-)