Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year, New You!

Happy New Year! Hello 2008. I have a feeling we're going to get along nicely.

I am so glad I'm over the whole "New Year's Eve has to be exciting, fun and last well into the early morn." I've wasted some New Year's trying to make it "all that and a bag of chips." I've matured....obviously because Becky, Russ & I were the youngest amongst the grey-haired at the movies on New Year's Eve. We had a lovely dinner and then went to see Charlie Wilson's War (a fabulous movie that I highly recommend...and not just because you get to see Tom Hank's toosh). We were back at their house by 11:45 pm and welcomed in the New Year by saying sleepily, "Happy New Year!" Then their welsh corgie, Fatty Lumpkins, gave me a kiss. It is indeed going to be a wonderful year.

I'm also rebelling against the get fit craze that begins on January 1st. I'm never one to go along with the crowds, unless it involves stylish shoes or a good meal, so I'm going to wait until most people have quit their resolutions before I begin. Too much pressure at the beginning to be perfect and succeed, so I'm going to wait a couple of months to be perfect and successful.

I just ate a Milky Way Carmel mini-bar. Take that society!

Of course I do have some goals for 2008. I am my father's daughter after all.

1. Get an agent: I'm going to get on this PRONTO!

2. Run two half-marathons: I love them, I can't help it.

3. Do a triathlon: Another love/hate relationship.

4. Cook a nice meal once a week: Scratch that, too much pressure, so little joy.

5. Write my own show.

6. Get to a place where I can quit my job and act full-time.

7. Volunteer consistently.

8. Pray for my family consistently.

Those are 8 for 2008.

Anyone have goals they want to achieve? Feel free to share. I wish you the best of luck. Don't get down because it's January 2nd and you've already failed with one of your goals. Start again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Beck said...

Fatty Lumpkin will never disappoint you as a NYE date...except for his breath.

My resolutions:
1. (four years and counting on this one) Answer my cell phone.
2. Spend less time watching tv and more time reading the bible and talking with God.
3. Less fear - more faith.

Katy said...

Yes, Fatty was the best kiss I've had in a long time. I don't mind the breath so much b/c his fur is so soft.

Less fear! Maybe I should adopt that one too!

Had so much fun with you and Russ!