Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Please Pray

There are two great things about having this blog:

1. People I haven't seen or talked to in years get to read about my underwear problems or my boob size.

2. I can share stories of friends in need of prayer...and I know you'll pray!

This morning I received an email from my dear friend, Alyson, telling me that her old roommate and best friend may have cancer. I asked how to pray and she said, "just know that she's my 'Becky' and you'll know how to pray." (Beckles is my BFF in case you're wondering) Here's her email below so you'll know more of the details:

I received some pretty devastating news today. One of my best friends, Lisa, went into surgery today and turns out they removed a tumor from her lung that they are fairly certain is malignant. It will be a couple days before test results are back to confirm. It was about 4 inches. She's 31 yrs old.

Lisa and Leanne were my roommates before I moved to Chicago. Leanne is the one whose dad died this past October of cancer. Needless to say, both Leanne and I are taking this quite hard. Not only have we each lost our dads to cancer, now our best friend quite possible has it, too. And, to speak for myself (but I think Leanne is the same), I find it quite challenging to be hopeful. But, I feel this overwelming responsibility to be strong and hopeful for Lisa and her family.

So please pray for hope, healing, peace and wisdom...a miracle!...and anything else you think might be helpful.

Thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer Warriors - Thank you in advance for getting on your knees on behalf of this situation. Love, Alyson

"With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." Mark 10:27

lindsay said...

I will Katy, I will

Beck said...

Alyson, sometimes strangers are able to muster up lots of hope simply because they don't know the one they're praying for. That's the wonderful thing about letting others share in the prayer burden. I have hope for Lisa - thank you for sharing this with us!

Anonymous said...

Keep praying friends! It's been a roller coaster of a week -- thinking it cancer, thinking maybe it's not. Latest update today from the doctor is "we're guardedly optimistic". Long story short, still waiting for results. The tumor has been sent to Harvard for further testing. If it is what they think it is -- then it's not cancer but something very rare (20-30 cases per year in the US). Thank you for your prayers -- keep 'em coming! :) Love, Alyson

Katy said...

Here's an update from Alyson. She went to visit Lisa this weekend:

Thank you so much for all your prayers for Lisa. I've spent time with her everyday that I've been here (which has been sooo great) and she's recovering very well. It's amazing really to think 2 wks ago she had such major surgery and is now moving around. I expected her to be bed-ridden but she's quite mobile. She'll be out of work at least 4 wks. Still waiting for the results. She has doctor's appointments next week (15th & 17th) with the surgeon and oncologist, respectively. Hopefully they'll know something by then??