Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Love Letter

My little brother, Andrew, writes so beautifully. In class they were asked to write a love letter. His teacher read Andrew's aloud and said he'd probably steal the last paragraph to use for his wife's Valentine's Day card. Seriously, what girl out there wouldn't love to get a letter like this?

You have seen me at my best and you have seen me at my worst.
Sometimes even both in one single day. The truth is that you bring
the best out of me. You give me a reason to try and be my best and
even when I falter you are there to catch me with your warming embrace.


I will always remember the awkward moments and the times that you
laugh with no end. I will always remember how you always have to make
sure that the volume of the radio in my car is set to an even number.
I will always remember those times when you cannot stop laughing and
ask you what is so funny. You always give me the same reply,
"Nothing.", and you continue laughing. I love that. I will always
remember killing songs for you when I sing them with you in the car.
I like to think you enjoy my singing even when you say you don't. I
will always remember how on those quiet drives you always have to
point out that it is not an awkward silence but you are simply tired
and don't feel like talking. I will always remember how on weekends
when i ask you what you are doing, you always say the same thing,
"Whatever you are doing.". Those moments make me feel real, like I am
more than just another person trying to make their way through this
world. I know that I am yours and I will cherish those memories for
the rest of my life.

Writers can write poems, musicians can write songs, and directors can
film dramatic moments. I have read the poems, I have heard the songs,
and I have seen the desperate attempts at capturing true emotion on
film, but none of them have rendered the feeling that I get when I am
holding you in my arms. I know that everything, at that moment, is
just right and no matter how hectic my day, it is the best day of my
life as long as you are a part of it.


Yeah, as my mom said, go get your kleenex. I mean, he's 17 people!

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

That's amazing. The only love letter I got was from my camp boyfriend like 12 years ago. He stuck the letter together with a piece of gum. How romantic:)

Beck said...

I'm blushing! Drewbie, you've grown.

He is such a good writer, buns. When I read his blog I'm like,"what happened to the kid who gave one word answers whilst playing Halo?"

He should study Literature. Then you guys could be the artsy ones in the fam together.

lindsay said...

AN-DREW.... OMALORD

Heidi said...

Wow...I am impressed and also a little embarassed. He is okay sharing this with everyone?

Katy said...

Of course he doesn't mind! His teacher had to read it in front of all his classmates. What could be worse than all your classmates hearing your love letter? It was a school project. No need to be embarrassed :-)

William A. Orender said...

I'm amazing I know. Dontcha wish ya boyfriend was hott like me? haha if you don't get that, then something is wrong with you! No I am not embarrassed, I enjoyed writing it and I enjoy even more showing it off.

Kate said...

Wow Drewbie! That's incredible! And I'm with your teacher. That last paragraph is the clincher!