Thursday, December 15, 2005

Game Night


With Jock Jams 4000 playing in the background Game Night I commenced. For weeks we've been trying to coordinate a game night. Nobody does those anymore and they are just good old fashioned fun. Alcohol didn't even enter the picture. See folks, these aren't drinking games. These are games for the intellectual and witty. That's me. Do you want to know what other people are intellectual and witty? John, Chelsey, Fernando, Anne, Jessie, Janell and I. Jenny is normally intellectual and witty but she was also very sick. We wanted no part of that!

The night had an ambience of white Christmas lights, jolly holiday tunes and the smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies...and fierce competition. Now what most people don't know about me is that I can be extremely competitive. And it's not pretty. But last night I was mostly all talk because I couldn't yell at my teammates on our first game night. I'd never be invited again. So we laughed, giggled and patted eachother on the backs.

We played two different games last night: 1) Catch Phrase and 2) Apples to Apples. Normally Catch Phrase is a scene stealer but last night Apples to Apples was definitely the crowd favorite. You can talk, eat and play at the same time. Before we knew it it was almost midnight and this princess was about to turn into a pumpkin.

I'll post pictures from the night later.

No comments: