Monday, December 19, 2005

Quick!Paddle!! Finale

Last night was the final Quick!Paddle!! show after our extension. Little did we know that there would be yet ANOTHER extension. However, this is only for one show on New Years Day and I won't be there. I'll still be in the Promised Land of Texas.

I don't know what it was about the show last night. It was just ON. We all felt it and you could tell that we were having a great time. Thax Douglas was back and he hopes to make the next show too! That would be 5 shows for him. Our suggestion was "harmonious beans" and took place in a restaurant, again. At first I played a server who was always second to Amy, another server. I should have been Prom Queen and therefore I cut myself. I wasn't so inspired by that character so I went with one a little closer to home. I played the wife of a preacher and it was so much fun. My christianese came out and I was definitely an expert on the topic. She was a fun and random character. My husband and I brought peace to the kitchen and mended relationships through prayer and baptism.

It was fun to have friends in the audience. Jessie and Jason have proved to be my greatest fans. John, Chelsey and Anne made it out too. Plus Gina and Megan from the office showed up.

Once again I'm thankful to be able to perform with such a talented cast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Katy ~ I haven't read a blog in a while...and loved ALL of them. Especially love the pics, most of all the CUTE one of you in the snow! Game nite, huh? We're having one at Beth and Bob's this Friday! Along with soup and carolling, if anyone wants to sing. And game nite is thanks to you and Erin, I hear! Looking forward to it...and to seeing YOU.
Love always and forever, Mom

Anonymous said...

Mrs Orender,

We got the invites for Beth and Bob's today. We'll see you Friday. I was going to bring Boggle, but Axel insisted on us bringing Ga NIP Ga NOP. I'll be to sure to bring some extra Smirnoff Ice.

Heck of a party the other week. You weren't the only one under the weather after that night!...but things are looking up! Rick posted bail (I still dont think she looked like a police officer!).....and you'll be glad to know that the nice Hispanic man dressed like a bumble bee decided not to press charges!....so dont worry about that lawyer.

I hear Scott Pitman is in town, hope you have some Zima!

Anonymous said...

Katy,

The promised land is not Texas.

For the record the promised land stands at the corner of Southport and Roscoe.

And Yeah, Scott Pitman is in town. Fool got me in some mad trouble a few weeks ago.