Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Warm Fuzzies

Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to express concern for my well being today. It's this kindness that is keeping me warm and allowing me to walk to and from building to building in the cold.

I have one question: HOW COULD IT POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN ZERO DEGREES WHEN AWOKE THIS MORNING? I'm in denial that it is actually December. This means that we still have three more months of these frigid temperatures. I heard someone mention that this was supposed to be the WORST winter we've had in a while. I chose not to believe that. I'm still holding onto the slim hope that the rest of the winter will not contain all single digit temperatures.

This morning I had to run to the gym to work out and then afterward I had to move my car from the school zone (I somehow remembered where I parked my car). Why didn't I wear my big puffy sleeping bag coat? At first it wasn't too bad, but after a block I could hardly feel my butt and thighs (even with it's extra winter padding). Let's not even talk about how I had to sit on the frozen leather seats with my already frozen toosh. I had dirt on the windshield but couldn't clean it off due to everything freezing. Speaking of freezing, I did something stupid. I know, you're shocked. I left my laundry detergent in my car and it's now this gel/paste like substance. It may take months to thaw.

The good news is that the heat is on and our apartment is toasty. Unfortunately my comfort isn't exactly translating into an affordable energy/gas bill. But I am thankful that I have a job that allows me to have a place to live... with heat.

So I say that it's so cold that my butt is freezing off. But why doesn't it really freeze off? Couldn't I have a couple of inches here and there freeze off? WAIT! I know why! Because then I wouldn't have the opportunity to work up a sweat as I'm hiking my freshly dried jeans over my thighs. See, it's God's protection. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take the temperature at any given moment in Chicago and subtract 15 degrees.....divide by the fact that there is nothing to do.....and Bienvenidos a Minneapolis!

I yearn for the 'Greatness', and the bitter winds that would blow the weak and infirm out of your way on the walk to the Red Line.

Been to Ravens lately?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention.....my snot frooze on Tuesday night. Its the weirdist feeling......Scared me at first, but after a while, I found myself running out of the hotel to try it again.

Anonymous said...

Please, please invent a way to freeze off butts, a la wart removal. I feel the same way about my butt that I would about a wart right now...