Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Laser Update

Yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life! I ventured into American Laser Centers during my lunch break to be zapped. I have to admit that the preparation itself took longer than the zapping. I had to make sure that everything was exactly the way I wanted it before I went in. I'll spare you the details. I feel as though I've already said too much.

The process was much less painful than I had expected. It felt more like someone was flicking my skin or snapping a rubberband. But the pain went away instantly. The weird part was the gel they had to use on your skin. EWWWWWWWWWWWW! And I did feel a bit exposed to say the least. Revealing is the word I'll choose. Again, I'll spare you the details. But I did have to wear these cool sunglasses to protect my eyes. Basically I think that they make you wear the glasses to bring a little modesty to the process. This way neither of us can see what the other person is really thinking.

No ice packs were needed. I walked out of the office like nothing had happened. I just can't wait for this whole process to be OVER!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only other time when eye contact is this painful is when you walk in on someone in a restroom and you both make eye contact. "Whoops! Sorry!" But you made eye contact and that image will stay burned in your memory for the duration of the day... alas...