Monday, December 19, 2005

Wedding #317 in Year 2005



Guess who caught the bouquet? Yours truly! Granted there was never a bouquet toss. They were too smart and kind to do something so cruel. The bride and groom, my cousin Danny and his wife Angela, were speaking with me after the reception. They realized that they had never thrown the bouquet and therefore handed it to me. That makes four bouquets and zero magic. But hey, you never know, the magic could be around the corner. For instance, New Years. I mean, I'm bound to get all dressed up and head out to a party that will be sure to meet my expectations of the greatest night of my life! Uh huh, right. Classic night of disappointment that would probably land me asleep by 11:30 p.m. Oh yes, it's happened before (Beckles, remember Barry?). But this year will hopefully be a repeat of last years dinner party that kept me laughing for hours. Wait, how did I get on the topic of New Years?

The wedding was fabulous. I took a risk and went with the curly/wavy hair look. I kind of liked it and will have to test it out again. A couple of hours into the wedding people found me on the dance floor shaking my hips to Kenny Loggins' "Footloose" and the Village Peoples' "YMCA." Unfortunately my black velvet suit turned out to be a sweat factory. Three songs in and I had to remove my velvet suit top and just sport the strapless number. I felt a little pasty and a little revealing but I went with it. I took my chances. There weren't any mishaps of the top falling down in the middle of the "Y" motion with my arms during "YMCA."

One of the shining moments of the weekend was my sisters first baby shower. It really hit me that she IS GOING TO HAVE A BABY! I so can't wait for the baby to come. That way I can finally call it a "he" or "she" instead of "it." She is going to be a fabulous mom. The shower was topped off by tears from me and my sister. Mom was too sick to come so she sent a note and a present which immediately made me and Erin cry like babies. She so knows how to do that to us!

Did I ever tell you how last week I watched "Little Women" and cried so hard (VERY LOUDLY) that I looked like I had been punched in the face? That was awesome! I needed that cry.

And finally, we saw the sites that Springfield had to offer! Sites in Springfield? Yesiree! If you ever have the chance to see the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, DO IT!!! What an incredible museum filled with so much history. Who knew that Lincoln was so hated by the country? Interesting how he is so revered now. Plus they had awesome theaters showing films of his life. That's my review!

No comments: