Monday, February 25, 2008

Academy Awards

Europe has taken over all of the American awards shows! Seriously, what does that say about our film actors this year? We weren't up to par!

I'm disappointed in myself because I ended up watching all one bagillion hours of the Academy Awards last night. I told myself I wasn't going to watch and instead I would do productive and fulfilling things like read, organize, memorize scripts, or write my own Oscar acceptance speech. Instead I ate too much cake and ice cream at Quinn's first birthday party (where I was wrestled to death by three year old, Piper). Then we got home late so we watched the DVR version of the Oscars. We sped through the "boring" awards and speeches, yet after two hours we still hadn't caught up with the live taping. BRUTAL! But I like John Stewart and I like making snarky comments about what people wear. So I should be satisfied.

Speaking of satisfied...Atonement DID NOT win for best picture!!! hahahahahahaha! Vengeance is mine! I didn't realize until last night that I had it out for this movie. I mean, what did this movie ever do to me? It just disappointed me. Blah story + blah characters + high expectations = bitter me. The one part I did love about the movie was the musical score. So congrats to them on winning an Oscar! Yay musical score!

Speaking of music...THREE CHEERS FOR ONCE!!! Seriously, Janell and I hugged when we saw them win their Oscar. FAVORITE SONG OF THE YEAR! I could listen to that album over and over again. And thank you John Stewart for bringing Marketa Irglova back out for her acceptance speech. It was the most inspiring and beautiful speech of the night!

Speaking of beautiful...Favorite dresses: Anne Hathaway, Katherine Heigl, Amy Adams, Jennifer Garner. I really didn't see that many of them. Worst dress: Sorry Julie Christy, loved your movie, not so much your dress.

2 comments:

Beck said...

1. When we saw Once win, Russ turns to me and goes, "Do you think Katy's crying right now?" Loved them winning!
2. Yes, thank you John Stewart for bringing M.I. back out for her speech and boooo to the orchestra for playing over so many other's speeches just b/c they didn't jump to the mic first.
3. Worst dress? Did you see Tilda Swinton? Or Ellen Page? Bless them both b/c they are incredible actresses. Best dress? I loved so many: Cameron Diaz, Jen Garner, not so much Amy Adams, and even Mylie Cyrus looked great.

Katy said...

Yes, Tilda Swinton's dress was pretty horrendous. She is one unique looking person: beautiful and severe at the same time.

Didn't like Cameron Diaz's dress. Sorry Beckles. It's like they tried to give her boy-shaped body curves.

And you're right Russ, I did tear up.