Monday, February 11, 2008

Frost Bite

Happy Monday! And what a glorious Monday it is. Who doesn't love Mondays? Just think, only 4 more days until the weekend!

I think I epitomize the song "Working for the Weekend." Epitomize...I'm having one of those moments when I'm not sure I used the correct word. Epitomize...it's like the one time when I kept saying the word "tree" over and over again and it just didn't sound right. It must be the cold air!

Blogs about weather are usually boring. And this one won't be any different. I just feel like having a pity party. It was all of ZERO degrees yesterday. Windchill registered at -30. NEGATIVE 30! I seriously think my face is thrice its normal size due to windburn. I feel like I've been skiing down a mountain for three days, except I haven't. I just walked five blocks in the cold wind. Whoa is me! (she places back of right hand against her forehead in exasperation while tossing her head backwards) Poor, poor girl.

Today is a balmy high of 12 degrees. I get bitter everytime I look at the temp in Dallas and it reads 65 degrees and sunny. My brother kindly called me today to tell me, "I played tennis yesterday in shorts and a t-shirt." Yeah, well...my scarf turned frosty yesterday from the moisture from my breath. boo ya!

1 comment:

lindsay said...

We just booked our trip for May 1-4. Can ya do something about that weather before I get there PLEASE!