Monday, June 18, 2007

Johnny Castle

This weekend was one adventure after another. And since I love adventure it made for a fun and entertaining weekend.

First of all, I went to the Cubs vs. Padres game on saturday with my friend, Helen. She knows some high and mighty people and was given tickets two rows behind the visitor dugout. The best part of the game was the bench clearing fight that took place between Derek Lee and the Giant. I swear he must have been about seven feet tall. My dad says he's from Dallas. That explains his good looks.

Secondly I had a Girls Night Out with Kelly and Kristen on saturday. We had a little pre-party at Kelly's. This involved all of us drinking Vodka and Sprite while I laid on Kelly's bed and Kelly did Kristen's hair and makeup. It was almost like we were getting ready for prom. We went to Nacional 27 for margaritas and tapas. It was delish. By the time we were finished with dinner at 11:00 pm (usually I'm done with dinner by 6:00 pm) the Latin dancing started and men were prowling around looking for a dance partner. I had to go watch the dancing. You know how much I love all things dancing.

Next thing I know a man grabbed my hand and took me out on the dance floor. I was doing my best to imitate all of Emmitt Smith's dance moves. My hips were swaying and my frame was unbreakable. I couldn't stop laughing at myself. It was fabulous. He asked for another dance and I declined. Then as soon as I stepped off the dance floor another man grabbed me. You would think that this is a woman's paradise. It was until man #2. Seriously, how long do these songs have to play? I swear they lasted about 20 minutes each. It's all fun until you're thrust against some sweaty 50 year old man and dancing cheek to cheek. He left no room for the Holy Spirit. Could he not feel the bacteria that must have been building between our two faces? I just kept thinking that I couldn't wait to go wash my face. This was stranger sweat. "Let's just rock back and forth and rest." ummmmkay. He was holding me so tight that I could hardly breathe. The "rest" turned into a little dirty dancing with a little dirty old man. He kept saying, "I like you." " You're my favorite person to dance with." "Come dance with me again." I'm sure he's never said that to another woman. "Don't you believe me?" Yeah, okay, sure. But the first dance we danced was fun. There were all these twists and turns. I'm sure there were algorithms involved in there somewhere to create those moves. Finally I broke away and us ladies left the dance floor.

It was awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy, I am laughing SO hard right now! Ahhh! I can see it all in my mind's eye. STRANGER sweat! Oh, if only someone had captured it on film...