Thursday, June 14, 2007

Valley of the Sun

I'm home and I have an amazing tan. This amazing tan will probably be gone before anyone sees me. That's why I can call it amazing. Here are some of my favorite things from the week:

1. My amazing tan.
2. Confirmation that my toe nail is indeed going to fall off.
3. The Rattle Snake that camped outside of Becky's and my outside door.
4. Practically shoving Becky into oncoming traffice after hearing rustling in the bushes near where we were walking. In my defense it was dark, the streets were mostly abandoned and I was trying to "protect her." Apparently I become freakishly strong when I'm scared. And that's a bad thing?
5. People watching. I was obsessed with the following:
-Fake boobs. They were everywhere.
-Women who were trendy, but on the trashy side. You know, the combination of a rhinestone camo-baseball hat, long nails polished in dark shades, capri sweat pants that said "pink" on the bottoms, and a nice set of double d's....on women who were in their 40's! Let's leave Forever 21 to the teenagers. I shouldn't judge. But I did.
-55 year old Italian man with a sidekick who had a mullet and lamb chops.
-The cutest little boy, Tanner!
-The "pool boy" who looked like an older version of a friend of mine from camp.
-The "hot guys" who had to do a walk through around the pools to check out all the girls. Could it have been any more obvious? So fascinating that they had no shame. When I did my walk throughs I at least acted as if I had a purpose! You're right, I'm just bitter that they didn't hit on me. It could have been because I was drowning in my own sweat.
-All the young teenage couples at the pool. Seriously, how can they afford a trip like this? Teenage loving makes me want to gag all together. I will just go ahead and say that I get a little nastified when I see teenagers all wrapped in each others arms while waiting in line for a ride at Six Flags and it's 105 degrees outside with 80% humidity. Ew!
6. Saw Knocked Up and laughed until I cried.
7. Margaritas & Guacamole by the pool.
8. Flying Gecko's attacking me and Erin as we're trying to enjoy chocolate covered strawberries on her balcony.
9. The meditation room at the Spa. I need to get me one of those!
10. Waking up at 6:30 am and not being tired.
11. Running into cousin Julie at the airport. Seriously, what are the odds?
12. Sleeping in a freezing cold room with a 50 lbs. duvet over me.
13. Laughing and crying with my best friend! And talking. And not talking. "We could talk or not talk forever."

Beckles, you'll have to remind me if I forgot anything.

It was a wonderful trip and I can't believe I'm home already. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just have to give you props for the shoutout to "Best in Show" - my fav movie ever!

"We have so much in common...we both like soup."