Monday, June 04, 2007

Victoria Can Keep Her Secret

Me having yet another breakdown at Victoria's Secret on Friday:

"Have you been measured recently?"

"Um, no. It's been about two years."

"Well let's measure you." Woman takes out her measuring tape and proceeds to measure my rib cage and boobs while strangers look on. It's almost like having a gynecological visit in public, but not really.

"Hmmm, I would say a 34." She measures AGAIN.

She looks up at me and says in a questioning voice, "A?"

I stare at her for a second while the wrath within me builds up and I respond with "An 'A'? AN A!!? I most definitely am not! I AM ATLEAST a B!" I mean, what does she know! It's not like she went to school for this or anything!

2 comments:

Kellsey said...

I am SO VERY SORRY.

As you already know, I don't think those ladies know anything about measuring correctly. I hate that this had to be such a horrible experience for you (YET AGAIN!)

Anonymous said...

Somewhere it's been said, "Be thankful for even small things", or something like that. By the time you're my age you WILL be thankful!! Really. Erin says you and
Alicia will be a perky 34B while she'll be a 40long. You're beautiful just as you are. Love you! Mom