Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Christmas Gift

Christmas was once again a magnificent experience. How could I not enjoy Christmas when I have the most loving and generous family on the face of the planet? We are so loving that it's disgusting...I love it, so go ahead and be disgusted!

One of the gifts I received on Christmas that has just stayed with me is the gift of poison ivy. It's the gift that just keeps on giving. Once you think you've kicked the habit, it pops up in new and unexpected places. What I first thought was dry scalp and a peeling ear turned out to be oozing poison ivy. My little brother loved to refer to it as crusty dried yellow mustard. I have never felt more attractive as I did over Christmas. Andrew was great at pointing out my attractive traits: Poison Ivy/Mustard ear, the hug enormous pimple on my forehead and the one grey hair that is growing at my temple. Someone take my headshots NOW!

But I have to admit that my case of poison ivy could not compare to Patricks which is growing all over and then some. Apparently the steroid shots didn't do much but bring him into the world class baseball arena.

Where did we find the poison ivy in December? In Texas rappelling down a cliff of course! Where else!??

No comments: