Thursday, January 19, 2006

Headshots

So I had headshots taken a little over a year ago. I hate them. I really do. Since when do I have a big nose? Everytime I look at the pictures I want to go run 14 miles. Its not that each individual picture is so horrific, its the sum of the whole thing that creates a heated frustration within my soul! I desperately want to have them retaken; especially now that my hair is longer. Teenage acne is still present.

But I need to have SOMETHING that I can send out. Something is better than nothing, right? Or would I be sabotaging myself by sending in a very unfortunate picture. Maybe it would help me. Some dynamic casting agent will be surprised by my beauty in real life! Or maybe my chances of being chosen will be slim because of a photo that does nothing for me.

Seriously! I am a photogenic person! How could the one time that I need photos to really work for me, THEY DON'T?!!!!! Anyone out there know of someone fabulous to take my headshot? Anyone? Bueller? I'll do it. Just give me a little bit of time to make this huge horrific pimple to leave my face. Anyone know of a dermatologist? Anyone? Bueller?

Now that I've been through the process once I know a little more. Have someone do my make up. Have my hair done before the shoot. Wear clothes that are ironed (like I wouldn't). SMILE, SMILE, SMILE! I look weird when I don't smile in my pictures. Note to self....

How am I ever to be discovered?!!!! You know what? I bet my pictures would turn out better if I didn't wear makeup, put my hair in a pony tail and wore a velour sweatsuit. Its when I try that I don't succeed. Hey, a new philosophy! I'm sure if I sit here that all good things will come to me!

So I'm debating on getting my pictures made into 8x10's just to have something. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll just get 50 made and call it a day. Hopefully I won't be calling it a career.

No comments: