Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Kid Speak

My brother and I were IM'ing earlier today. I didn't understand half of what he was saying. Kids these days are learning a whole new language. My concern is that they won't be able to speak or write correctly in the future. But please notice his response to how he's doing. "Quite good." What 9th grader answers like that? It gives me hope for him.

Katy: hey drewbs
Andrew: Wuzza
Katy: lol
Katy: wuzza wi u
Andrew: Wut is moms na,e?
Andrew: Name*
Andrew: Just got done w/ skool
Andrew: But wuh is moms messenger bame?
Andrew: Name*
Andrew: And erins
Katy: i think its _______
Katy: erin's is....
Andrew: Ok
Andrew: Witabout lorac for mom?
Katy: what is lorac
Andrew: Her name back
Katy: oh funny.
Andrew: How wuz your show
Andrew: ??
Katy: it was fine. you can read about it on my blog.
Katy: we only got 9 minutes on stage instead of 15.
Andrew: Ok
Katy: i was ticked!
Andrew: Ouch
Katy: yeah, but i'm over it.
Andrew: That sta inks
Andrew: Haha, kool
Katy: i had to come to work to get some rest. this weekend exhausted me.
Katy: how are you.
Andrew: Quite good
Katy: did you have a good weekend?
Andrew: Duhhh
Andrew: H/o I gotta feed tha pupps
Katy: i'm learning so much from your IM lingo.
Andrew: Haha
Andrew: Ok
Andrew: Brb?
Katy: i'm here. oh you brb? (Note my confusion)
Katy: be right back. got that one
Andrew: Lol?
Katy: oh try me.
Katy: laugh out loud
Andrew: Hah
Andrew: Nice
Katy: lylas?
Andrew: I hav no idea
Katy: hahaha. Love ya like a sis. that's back from my day.
Katy: you know, back when we wrote letters
Katy: that's with paper and a pen
Andrew: Hahahaha
Andrew: A pen?
Andrew: Wuts that?
Andrew: Haha
Andrew: Jk
Katy: you better be
Andrew: Do u kno jk
Andrew: Oh good
Andrew: Lol
Katy: i define jk. i made it up
Andrew: Hmmm
Andrew: Bbfn?
Katy: bye bye for now.
Katy: took me a second.
Andrew: Bbl?
Andrew: Hah
Katy: babealicious?
Andrew: Nope
Andrew: Be back lata
Katy: oh, fooled again.
Andrew: Haha
Andrew: Wutabout gtg?
Katy: got to go. good to go. green tight girdle?
Andrew: Got to go, nice job
Andrew: Well I gtg
Andrew: So ttyl sis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It hurts my brain just to read all of that. I had no idea what he was IM'ing me either. how hard is it just to type the entire word out? this new generation is just so lazy!! ;) JK (note my lingo use!)

CrazyJohn said...

H/O means "hang on"... and is also an integral part of water's chemical equation.
Always love to drop knowledge!