Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions

You all know my issues with grocery stores. Yesterday didn't help matters at all! I'm a pretty healthy eater usually. When I cook at home/eat at home, I do the basics and keep it simple. I usually buy the same things when I go to the store. So I gathered up the courage to brave the Jewel and stock up on some goods. Not only is this Jewel just dirty looking but it is always packed and let's face it, it's just not a wonderful experience. My irritation with this whole process was geared more towards the consumer this trip.

I was just IRRITATED at the people who decided to eat healthy for all of 5 days after their New Years resolutions were established. All of the good vegetables were taken. The fruit was ransacked. Chicken breasts that are usually plentiful...no where to be found. I had to build a contraption to reach the last box of Kashi left abandoned on the shelf.

You know what? I gave it a good effort and walked away with food that could make half of a good meal. I have salad with no protein, bread with no meat, and that's about it. But I do have cereal. Cereal is always good for any meal. It's my favorite recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay- you've returned... now my work day will go faster again. :-)

Sorry to hear about the good food shortage- grocery shopping is becoming one of my biggest headaches since moving here.

Give it a few weeks and your healthy food selection should be back to normal... ooh, or go for the junk food- that'll teach those New Years Resolution breakers- take all their good junk food before they can get it- ha!

ok, I'm a dork-
Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

kates, but what KIND of cereal? I mean, regular Kashi (Go Lean) is not fun for more than one meal. Maybe the crunchy stuff...but do you know what the BEST cereal for meal after meal is? Cinnamon Life. I bet it's at the dreaded Jewel.