Friday, January 20, 2006

Paste-y White Thighs...

I feel like a train just hit me. I just realized that I have to go swimsuit shopping. In February. After months of darkness. The brightest light I've seen in the past few months is the glow from thighs. Long gone are the days of the "Green Monster" and my skinny-assed self. Its true, when you don't eat, your metabolism rebels. And here I am paying the price for three weeks of zero appetite. Why won't you come back to me?

In two and a half weeks I will be taking a trip to Honolulu with the parentals and my friend, Wendy. I'm ready to soak up the sun, breath in the clean air, smell the salt of the earth, read a good book, see daylight and eat fresh pineapple. I can almost feel it, smell it, see it, hear it and taste it! Hey, that's all five senses. Took me a second to remember one of them. I'm not going to tell you which one. What I've already told you is embarassing enough already. I promise you that I made a 4.0 every semester of college but two. Those were in Italian III and Figure Drawing, so get off my back!

I have forgotten about the bathing suit part. Chicago living requires less need of a swim suit than Dallas living. In Dallas I would layout by the pool or go to a lakehouse with frequency. I'll have to make more use of the Chicago beach this summer now that I won't have Sunday Second City class. But seriously y'all! I'm not ready to try on a bikini while peering at myself under flourescent lights that accent every flaw of my skin. I'm not! I'M NOT! But I do want to give a shout out to American Laser Centers. Bless you.

I'm sure I'll blog about my trip to some department store desperately trying to find a suit that makes me look tan, 20 lbs. thinner and acne free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

while i feel your pain in the swimsuit world, it is tempered by the fact you are going to Hawaii and I'm going to stay here in the arctic tundra known as Chicago.

if you really want to feel like a goddess, go to KMart. My college room mate,Chandler, and I used to go there when we felt fat and poor. Because, as mean as it sounds, you can probably afford to buy everything in the store AND you are definitely the best looking women there!