Thursday, January 12, 2006

Oreck Vacuum!

I asked for just a normal every day vacuum cleaner for Christmas. I don't necessarily have carpet in my apartment. Its wall to wall wood flooring. But I do have one rug in my room. Admittedly I haven't vacuumed it in probably 8 months...maybe longer. Its not that I'm super messy, I just don't step on it all that often. Plus I'm lazy. My old roommate had bought us a vacuum cleaner. Wait, let me clarify. It was a handheld Dirt Devil. We had more rugs back then and vacuuming meant getting on your hands and needs and sliding the little handheld Dirt Devil back and forth over the rugs. NOT. FUN!

So when I received a huge Oreck box in the mail at work yesterday I lept for joy! This is like a top of the line, down to business vacuum! I love to vacuum! I love seeing the lines it makes in the carpet. I like the instant gratification it brings! Granted carpet is scarce in my apartment, but it still does wonders on the bare wood floors! I think I scared Jessie and Janell a bit with my enthusiasm.

My mom can't help herself. She has to go all out! This thing puts the Dysen to shame. It's smaller, light weight and comes with a smaller vacuum buddy that has easily accessible attachments so I can clean window sills and baseboards. ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy,
I am right there with you about the Oreck. You've expressed my excitement over vacuuming perfectly with your words. (Does that make us weird?)

CrazyJohn said...

Katy--Please feel free to vacuum my apartment whenever you want to. You can vacuum it twice in a row if you'd like. I won't mind. I might even move stuff for you, but don't count on it.

Anonymous said...

God bless Carol. Remember when we went without a vacuum at Kirkham? Not fun days.