Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fraud

I believe that God provides for me, cares for me, watches over me and reveals things to me. This was never more apparent (well...maybe this is just another strong example) than on Monday. Abby called to see if Adobo overcharged me for my bill on Friday. She noticed that they had charged her $30 instead of what she had specified. I didn't want to be sucked into this scam so I checked my online banking. Not only did I notice that weird charge but there were others as well. I'm sure these had nothing to do with Adobo. But there were four charges of $6.20 each. Then there were ANOTHER four for $206.71 each. All made on the same day! I'm a little ticked that my bank didn't find that unusual and feel alerted to call me. I seriously see it as God protecting me! I immediately ran over to my bank and got it taken care of in person. They cancelled my card and refunded me the $$ that was used fraudulently. Whew! All that in 30 minutes! Maybe it is time that I invested in a paper shredder. Wendy, you warned me years ago about identity theft. I don't think this went that far but I would feel so lost on what to do if that happened.

We still don't know who did this or how it happened. All I'm saying is BE CAREFUL out there. It's a world filled with people who are greedy and have too much time on their hands!

I can't leave it at that. There are wonderful people like Abby who helped me out :-)

No comments: