Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Brennan Manning

How I wish I didn't have rehearsal on Monday so I could go and hear Brennan Manning speak! If you live in Chicago I highly recommend going to see him. His book, The Ragamuffin Gospel, is one of my all time favorites and one of the most influential books I've ever read. And I read A LOT! Plus Phil Keaggy is playing. Many well-known musicians consider him to be the best guitarist in the world. That's some high praise.

My mom and dad met Brennan Manning years ago when we lived in Atlanta. I was all of two years old. When my mom asked him what he did for a living he responded, "I'm a lover." It doesn't make any sense unless you've read his books. To me it makes perfect sense.

So go see him!

1 comment:

Marissa Montgomery said...

I cannot believe that I missed this! GRRRRRR.