Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Laffy Taffy Break 2

Oh Laffy Taffy, how you make me smile. Why do I find myself suddenly addicted to you? Is it that the candy bowl has become the new water cooler in my office? Maybe. But mostly it's for the sugary goo-dness and of course, the jokes.

Brooke K. from Yardley, PA writes:

"What did the noodles say to the butter? Don't try and butter me up." Oh Brooke, you silly thing. I see a stand-up career in your future. Lucky girl. Keep up the good work.

Brandon R. from Florence, SC writes:

"Which garden has the most vegetables? Flash Garden." What? Seriously? This is a joke? I don't get it Brandon. I just don't get it. I'm guessing this is a "Flash Gordon" reference. Flash Gordon would be appalled. And frankly, so am I. You're homeschooled aren't you?

UPDATE: I want to redact those last couple of sentences. They were really mean. I must be PMS'ing. Sorry Brandon R.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I sat at work, trying to pass the time away, my co-worker and I broke open some of those delectable Laffy Taffy candies. Of course I was way too excited to read the jokes on the back, what can I say it's half the fun. My co-worker read aloud to me the first joke, "Which garden has the most vegetables?" I had no idea what the answer was. She spills the beans and tells me, "Flash Garden."
Oh the thoughts that were going through my head. The first thing I said was, Who the heck wrote that?
I decided to google it; "Brandon R Laffy Taffy" and you're site was the first on the list. I guess the reason why I am commenting on your blog is because I had the same thoughts go through my head.
Flash Gordon would be appalled as well as Willy Wonka for having that disgraceful joke printed on his candy.
Thank you for letting me share with you my frustrations.
Good luck in your Laffy Taffy joke reading.
Haley P.

Katy said...

This is perhaps one of the most random comments I've ever received...meaning, from a random person. I love it!

I also love that you and your friend were bored enough to google "Brandon R Laffy Taffy." That's something I would have done with my best friend.

And I also hope that Brandon R. never googles his name because I'll feel really horrible and responsible for any insecurity he may develop.

So thank you for commenting and I hope you keep enjoying those Laffy Taffy's! My appetite is usually voracious and I don't have time to read the jokes while shoving them down my throat.