Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Car Issues = Insecurity

I will always be a daddy's girl. Hopefully I'm not one of those snotty, super demanding, I want it and I want it now, kind of daddy's girl. I want to be the girl that recognizes how generous, kind, wonderful, encouraging, and loving her dad is to her. I've been blessed with a dad that wants to protect me, take care of me and yet let's me live my life too.

But it's times like these when I wish he was right here, right now. YES, my car is acting up again! I feel like a complete idiot when my car begins having issues. I automatically turn into a vulnerable 12 year old girl whose mom still has to make her school lunch. Living in Dallas my dad was great about telling me that I need to get my tires rotated. He would ask if my car had had its oil changed at three months or 3,000 miles (no it hasn't but it's getting done tonight!). But I don't have that anymore. Spring-like weather has to hit first so I can roll down my window and hear the screeching brakes that have probably been screeching for months. And any trip to the garage always includes a call to dad to make sure I'm not getting swindled. I'm always thinking I'm about to get swindled. I must have a tatoo on my forehead that says, "I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm just going to nod along anyway and pretend I have an ounce of dignity but I'll most likely just go along with whatever your saying so just go ahead and take me for what I'm worth."

The car goes to the shop tonight. I'm bracing myself. Dad, have I told you lately that I love you? Yes, this morning we texted that to each other. But one cannot say it enough. I love you!

1 comment:

Katy said...

The diagnosis is in and it hurts pretty bad. Something about brake pads and roters.