Sunday, May 06, 2007

Indy Mini Pictures




It was awesome! On my way down to Indianapolis I called my friend, Adrienne, who grew up in Indy and now lives in L.A. I just called to say I was thinking of her and would have loved it if she was in town so I could see her. It has been five years since we last saw each other. She called me right back to tell me that she was in Indy and running the half marathon too! We ended up meeting before the race and ran it together. I've decided that I'm going to sign up for every race with a friend I haven't seen in years. It makes the race so fun and makes it go by so quickly. We talked about everything from laser hair removal (a favorite topic) to marriage. She is also trying to make it as an actress in the big world. It was great to talk with someone who is experiencing what I'm experiencing. Two hours and 19 minutes later we were finished. I'm hardly even sore! The only way to celebrate a race is to drink margaritas...huge margaritas. I ended up staying in Indianapolis another night. It was the laziest saturday I've experienced in months...minus the whole half-marathon part.

It was the most organized race I've ever run and I will definitely sign up for next year. Hello! We got to run on the Indy 500 track!

So thanks everyone for the encouraging texts and calls during the race. I felt very loved and encouraged! Come run it with me next year!

2 comments:

Beck said...

Adzy's not an LA girl anymore, is she? Aren't they still in Vegas?

Adrienne said...

Don't forget about giving birth to the Power Bar juice!

I already signed up for next year! Beck - you come too and we'll make it a girls weekend.

I'm so mad I haven't read your blog in a while. I need to get my priorities straight.