Thursday, May 31, 2007

Spanx for Everything

This week I succumbed to the invention of the millenium...Spanx. I've never really had a need to wear them. I don't wear dresses or skirts that cling to my thighs and my stomach is the only area flatter than my boobs, so I don't really need Spanx for that either. So what made me run out there and buy myself a pair? The twins. My sister twin thighs never like to be apart. God created me that way. This isn't a problem when wearing pants. But when the humidity hits and the heat rises and I'm faced with wearing a skirt, I could start fires! Say you're stuck on an island or trapped on a cold mountain and you need fire to cook food, sterlize water or warm up your hands, you'll want me around. Just give me a pair of corduroy pants and have me run really fast - instant fire!

I wore them for the first time yesterday with a cute little dress. They definitely lessened the risk of fire and I didn't walk around at the end of the day like I'd been riding a horse for hours. I'm not saying I'd want to wear them everyday. I might as well have wrapped my thighs, butt, and stomach with duct tape. But they are pretty amazing.

Side Note: And I still stand by favorite panties in the world: Hanky Panky's. I'm slowly building my collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spanx are my saving grace when it comes to post-baby bgdy. It helped me squeeze into my old clothes. Of course that is pointless now, but I know my spanx are waiting for me after this baby too. Spanx you are my hero!

Anonymous said...

You are so dang funny...and strange...and bold, really. Love ya!..."corduroy pants...instant fire". Where do you come up with these things? ;-)