Monday, May 21, 2007

Date Movies

Finally, a list of the perfect date movies exists! As you can imagine I already own most of these...not really because some of them are scary.

Some of my favorites that may or may not be on the list:

1) Can't Buy Me Love

2) Say Anything

3) When Harry Met Sally

4) Finding Neverland (but I'll probably cry so hard that you'll look at your watch and say, "Well, look at the time, I have to go...somewhere...very important.")

5) Neverending Story (FALCOR!!!!)

6) Man From Snowy River

7) Waiting for Guffman (But I'll probably quote the whole movie and you'll feel like hitting me on the head)

8) Napolean Dynamite (I'll learn if I like you or not when we watch this movie. Think it's funny? Then you have potential. Think it doesn't make sense? You don't make sense!)

9) Coyote Ugly...I'M KIDDING!!! gag.

10) Princess Bride (It doesn't get much better!)

11) Amelie (Can you handle subtitles?)

12) Jerry McGuire (You had me at Milk Duds)

13) Almost Famous (expect deep philosophical discussions after this movie)

14) Fletch

15) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I'm going to stop there. Let me know if I'm missing any good ones!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Shakespeare in Love!

Lindsay said...

I recommended What Lies Beneath for a date on purpose, so I could make an excuse to hold onto his arm when I got scared:)

Any 80s movies because tehy make you reminscent (Back to the Future, Sixteen Candles etc)

And I also love Last of the Mohicans - you've got romance and war. Nice.

Katy said...

I LOVE Last of the Mohicans. Daniel Day Lewis is just downright SEXY in that movie. Favorite quote: "What are you staring at?" "Why I'm staring at you." AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anonymous said...

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

You know Russ is gonna get lucky when we go see that one.

Katy said...

Becky, please refrain from talking about your sex life on my blog...especially when it involves a Harry Potter movie.

Respectfully,
Katy