Friday, May 04, 2007

Indy Mini-Marathon

I leave in less than three hours to drive to Indianapolis for the half marathon! I'm scared. I need to remember just to have fun and to really enjoy these two hours and 20 minutes of running. Yeah.

The race starts at 6:30 a.m. central time. I should be finished around 9:00 a.m. at the latest if all goes well. I'll be carrying my phone. Feel free to text any encouraging words or you can even call me. I've been known to answer it when in need of a pep talk. I have a feeling I'll need one.

And say a prayer too for the ol' hamstring. It's been doing much better but I haven't tested it out on 13.1 miles yet.

But how lucky am I that I get to challenge myself like this?! I need to remember that around mile nine when I don't know if I can go much further.

Tonight I'll probably have my typical pre-marathon dream. I dream that I've run the race and I wake up realizing I still have to do it. It's like running two marathons in less than 24 hours.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Katy, the mini marathon in Indy was so fun when I did it a couple years ago. When you go around the race track at miles 8 and 9, it's really cool (not in temp, just in coolness). So have fun! Enjoy the music along the way! And then have fun eating whatever you want when it's done! Tell Indianapolis I say hi.

Katy said...

Thanks Heidi! I remember I was supposed to sign up and run that one with you :-)

I'm excited and I'll be sure to post pictures so you can relive the glory days.